Re: Download Debian via bittorrent

I found the torrent here:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/squeeze_di_alpha1/i386/bt-cd/debian-testing-i386-CD-1.iso.torrent

Don Wright wrote:
Nicholas Syrotiuk wrote:

I am unable to download Debian ISO images but I do not understand the problem:

There are hundreds of images published by Debian. Please provide the
exact URL you used for the .torrent link and that of the Web page where
it was found.

My (Transmission) client says: Requested download is not authorised for use with this tracker.

Could this have something to do with open/closed ports?

No, it means just what it says. Due to limited resources, only the most
commonly needed images are available for Bittorrent download. Others may
be assembled using [1]Jigdo. This mostly applies to interim development
images which are expected to change several times before release.

[1] http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

--
N Syrotiuk | Mimas | University of Manchester | Manchester  M13 9PL