Re: Download Debian via bittorrent

Nicholas Syrotiuk wrote:

>I am unable to download Debian ISO images but I do not understand the
>problem:

There are hundreds of images published by Debian. Please provide the
exact URL you used for the .torrent link and that of the Web page where
it was found.

>My (Transmission) client says: Requested download is not authorised for
>use with this tracker.
>
>Could this have something to do with open/closed ports?

No, it means just what it says. Due to limited resources, only the most
commonly needed images are available for Bittorrent download. Others may
be assembled using [1]Jigdo. This mostly applies to interim development
images which are expected to change several times before release.

[1] http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/