Re: Dealing better with CD releases

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 08:16:13PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Steve McIntyre wrote:

> >>            ^^^^^^^
> >> Can't we link to the 'current' images on the webpages?
> >
> > We do, but the image names themselves change from one release to the
> > next too.
>
> Well then it should probably use an existing tag (like
> current_release_lenny which contains '5.0.1') that needs to be updated
> for the point release anyway IMHO. Someone added 3 extra tags which is
> not very maintainable IMHO.
>
> Note that it's easy to convert 5.0.1 to 501 in eperl...

In the past there were ocasionally several days between the release and
the CD image release, so you can't use the tag for the former for the
latter. Haven't checked whether that is still the case. Also using the
tag in the URL doesn't give you any advantages, you still have the same
rebuild window...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>