Re: [RFC] Consequences for official CD/DVD images for Lenny

On Tuesday 30 December 2008, Andrew Lee wrote:
> So the question would be source vs ppc arch support, which is more
> useful for our users on the multi-arch DVD for the purpose?
>
> I think only people who don't have good internet connection would need
> source packages. And I guess rare of these people needs multi-arch
> support. So for these users, better choose standalone arch DVD image,
> cause they would need fully offline installation and source packages.
>
> So, may I vote for 4?

Source has been added specifically to make the m-a DVD suitable to be
handed out at trade shows or included with magazines and such. It makes
sure that the "source availability" requirement of the GPL is met.

It is an option and my original tests showed that all tasks would be
completely covered, but I don't think its the most likely choice.