Re: Is the failure of the -testing bittorrent trackers intentional?

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:34:02 +0100 (MET)
Mattias Wadenstein <maswan@acc.umu.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I created some iso using jigdo and tried to share them using
> > bittorrent (both -rc1 and 2008-12-01 sets) but in both cases the
> > torrent files downloaded via the links on
> > the /devel/debian-installer pages resulted in the messages that the
> > download (upload/seed really) failed because 'torrent not
> > authorized for use with this tracker'.
> >
> > Is this intentional, or are the torrents broken and in need of
> > fixing?
>
> Testing torrents are currently out of order in favour of LennyBeta2.

Do you mean RC1 since that is what is currently the objective to get
tested?  I'll have to try the rc1 jigdo images and seeding again to
see.  I seem to remember problems with them, but I'm not sure now.  If
you really do mean LennyBeta2, could you please switch to
lenny-d-i-rc1?  That is what the d-i team wants to be tested at this
point.

> I guess I could add them to the tracker only, but I don't have the
> space to seed them so that would possibly be an even worse situation
> for people trying to download them, at least this way it fails early
> and clearly.

As long as at least rc1 can be seeded I'm happy.

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore