Re: Freie Software unter Debian

On Mon, 2008-12-01 13:59:50 +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-01 13:03:59 +0100, Doris Hutchinson <sales@arcad.de> wrote:
[...]
> Rough translation:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> We (ARCAD Systemhaus) develop software with the operating system LINUX
> since  1996.
>
> I'd like to ask if you were interested in putting parts of our
> financial accounting software LxFIBU and our ARCAD 3D-CAD as free
> software into your next or any further release version.
>
> If this request is not in your scope of responsibility, I'd kindly ask
> you to forward this email.

Usually, Free Software ("free" as in sources available,
redistributable, ...) is just placed somewhere, accessible to the
public. If somebody thinks it's useful, they will start packaging it.
(Or alternatively, request to get it packaged in the Debian bug
tracking tool by creating a bug for the virtual package "wnpp"
describing the software.)

Since at least the CAD software should attract people (I don't know
about the financial stuff, that's just not my worl), I guess it would
be packaged quite fast once you start pushing sources to your web
server and announce these.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:              Fortschritt bedeutet, einen Schritt so zu machen,