Re: excess secondary CD/DVD image downloading

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Steve Cotton wrote:

May be its better to say that torrent download will be Faster and
usual http download will be easier,

If we say its faster - we dont force them, but just advertise this
method as optimal way of downloading, and they will have more
stimulus to find out how to use torrent way.

The trouble is that torrents are likely to be much slower than
HTTP.  (My experience was of downloading testing, not stable).

And this is likely to always be the case unless cdimage.d.o (and mirros) run out of bandwidth. And even then torrents are only likely to be faster for the most popular ISOs.

/Mattias Wadenstein