debian netinst complains of missing kernel modules

Hi,

I was using debian-cd to create an etch netinst image.  You can find the exact steps I followed here: http://www.cuberick.com/2008/06/noob-guide-to-creating-debian-installer.html  I'm not sure why the installer-cd I created doesn't have any of the kernel modules included, because my local repo has a whole bunch of modules udebs and they are referenced in the Packages file of the installer, so presumably debian-cd can find them.  Also, I was looking at the task i used when creating the image trees (TASK=tasks/debian-installer+kernel-$CODENAME) and the task contains the modules udebs.  Are there any other config settings I should be checking or steps that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Josh Cronemeyer