Re: new CD and DVD images needed?!

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:53:30AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldnt we create new (full) CDs and DVDs
> now, so that users who install now dont install with the broken openssl
> (dsa 1571-1), thus creating weak host keys and possible user keys.

Isn't it enough to do a regular "update CD"? Any packages on that CD whose
versions are higher than on the main CDs will be used. The only thing is to
make it clear that the update CD should *really* be used - but that's also
the case for all other security updates, this particular problem is not
special.

However, what *would* be worth thinking about IMHO is to release a new
stable revision soon.

Just my 2¢ European,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯