Re: What CDs and DVDs should we produce for lenny?

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:47:59PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2008-03-17 12:29:44, schrieb Jürgen Kertz:
> > I think no user will have a problem getting the images by jigdo or
> > torrent, or installing the rest from the mirrors. But of course a
>
> Do you have tried to get the files using jigdo over a V.34/V.56?
> You CAN download a CD and even a DVD over 34/56kBit link but not
> with Jigdo.  This pig open tomany connections and kill the line.

jigdo opens only 1 TCP connection at a time. These days, if that connection
is a HTTP/1.1 connection, it even gets reused for multiple requests, not
closed and re-opened for each download. I'm not sure what you're talking
about.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯