Re: What CDs and DVDs should we produce for lenny?

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 02:21:45AM -0700, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > I guess there's an inequality like:
> > >
> > > 	images on mirrors <= images on torrents <= images via jigdo
> >
> > Is there any way we can construct the torrent image on the fly from
> > the jigdo file? [That is, transform the packages that make up bits
> > x<->y into what they'd be on the iso?]
> >
> > I don't know enough about the mkisofs process to say whether this is
> > possible, but it'd be very useful if it were.
>
> That would most likely require a custom bittorrent server, but it doesn't
> seem impossible to me. That could be an interesting subject for GSoC.

If someone were to write a general library that did this, it would be
trivial to wrap a apache handler around it that fed out iso images for
the less popular architectures too. Does someone who knows more about
iso9660 and torrents want to write this up for GSoC?

Don Armstrong

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"