Re: What CDs and DVDs should we produce for lenny?

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 09:17:03PM +0100, Uwe Bugla wrote:
[Uh - huge quote snipped. If you want people to read what you wrote, don't
precede it with screens of other text...]
> b. jigdo uses only a small amount of specialized dedicated servers for
> download, not every server in this world available at the moment.

Not quite! jigdo uses _any_standard_ HTTP/FTP server, no special support is
required on the server side. That's by design: It should be capable of
using any normal Debian package mirror for the download of ISO images.

> I do know that jigdo is a tool for distributed download of Debian package
> files and local production of CD images and DVD images.
> My question is:
> To what does jigdo refer?
> a. To published ISO images or
> b. to one big Debian repository where it picks out single package files from?

?? Not quite sure what you mean. Basically, it uses .jigdo and
.template files as a "recipe" to build an ISO image from downloaded regular
.deb packages.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯