Re: building CDs with my own packages

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 13:51 +0100, Ruben Pollan wrote:
> I'm using debian-cd for building a CD with some packages created by my own. Up
> to now I manage to create a CD that install the base system and have all the
> packages that I want. But I don't know how to make the debian-installer install
> the packages that I want. I don't find any interesting option in the preseed for
> do that, and add a task to tasksel seems to be dirty because I'll need to repack
> tasksel adding my task to it.
>
> What is the standard method to do it?

I recently did this same thing by adding my own custom task to tasksel.
You can then preseed the system to install that task by default. I found
it to be fairly easy and re-packaging tasksel was pretty painless. You
only need to add a single file to the package and then rebuild. I wrote
a wrapper script that downloads the tasksel package and then performs
the updates rebuilds it and then runs debian-cd to put everything
together.

I'll admit that at first it was a bit of a pain, and I had to do a lot
of hunting around to find that this was going to be my best option (I
hope it is anyways). But now that I have a procedure defined it's
painless to create and build new CDs with custom packages or package
listings installed by default.

--
 o)   Derek Wueppelmann           (o
(D .   monkey@monkeynet.ca         D).