Re: No kernel nor initrd in /boot after first reboot

Frans Pop a écrit :
On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Alain wrote:
I'm trying to make my own Debian CD with preseeded choices and some
extra packages.
I picked a  debian_40r1_i386_kde_CD_1 ISO file and hacked it to use a
preseed file and added those extra packages I want tu use.
Everything seems to work right, but after reboot, Grub doesn't find any
kernel. And the /boot directory only contains a grub sub directory. No
initrd nor vmlinuz file !

This is not really a debian-cd issue. Please file an installation report [1] instead and make sure to include the hardware-summary and the syslog for the installation. Note that we are very likely to ask you to reproduce the issue using the official (non-hacked) KDE CD while doing a normal (non-preseeded) installation. If the issue cannot be reproduced that way, the problem is clearly in your modifications.

Your best first step would therefore probably be to just carefully compare yourself the syslog for a manual installation using the official KDE CD with the syslog from your hacked and preseeded CD. That should give you some indication of what has gone wrong.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug
Hi, I'm back with new informations : I made a new install, and the syslog contains those lines:
in-target: The link /vmlinuz is a damaged link
in-target: Removing symbolic link vmlinuz

Any idea of what could cause that ?

Alain