Re: Preseeding and GRUB problem

Alain a écrit :
Hi all,

I'm new on this list, but I didn't see any problem like mine in the mailing list archive. I'm trying to build my own Debian Etch CD-ROM, customized with a preseed file. The customization consist of adding some Debian packages and install them without any question. All seems to work right, but when the machine reboots, it stops with the grub prompt. It seems that no kernel was found. However, the installation process reports no error. I've tried to build another CD without preseeding, just by adding the wanted packages in the /pool directory, I obtain the same result.
So I think I made a BIG mistake somewhere, but I can't find where.
Does someone have an idea ?

Thanks,

Alain
Just a little precision:
I saw a thread on the same phenomenon (see http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg00370.html), but I tried to put the debconf/priority to "medium" and that didn't solve my problem. I also added a line "d-i debian-installer/kernel/image string kernel-image-2.6-686" and the problem remains the same.
Does anyone have an idea ?

Alain