Re: Getting the Udebs for a custom debian build

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Derek Wueppelmann wrote:
> Is there a way to use something like apt to pull down the latest
> versions of the udebs needed to create a debian-cd? All the methods I've
> seen so far either require you to build them all, or download an
> existing ISO and copy them from that.

See the script at [1] for how that can be done. It allows you to use
different combinations of sources for debs, udebs and D-I images, *and* it
allows you to add to or update all of those with locally built versions.

Note that you always need to ensure that the D-I images you use (whether
downloaded or locally built) match the udebs you use:
- daily built D-I images => udebs from unstable
- official (beta/RC) D-I images from testing => udebs from testing

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://alioth.debian.org/~fjp/debian-cd/