How to use Preseed file

Hi all,

Am trying to create a Customised Debian CD of my own...I want to provide some defaults for my d-i throught preseed..

Reffereing to the previous posts.,I mentioned my preseed file in CONF.sh as KERNEL_PARAM=/cdrom/my-preseed.cfg
.. I created the image by giving
                       make distclean
                       make status
                       make packagelists TASK=/tasks/Debian_lenny
                       make image-trees
                       manually copying the pressed file to CD1
                      make images

I donno whether copying the pressed file manually is a proper step or not..anyway my image is getting installed properly  without any errors .,but without getting the defaults from my pressed file...Am using debian-cd3.0.3..with the earlier versions of debian-cd the above steps (manually copying the preseed file) works fine..but with this new 3.0.3.,the above steps didnt work out for me..

Am I missing anything..?Or what is the correct way to use a preseed file and how to make it work..Any sugggestions...?

Thanks in advance,
Prem