Re: Sarge r7 CDs released

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Steve McIntyre wrote:

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 12:50:13PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Steve McIntyre wrote:
How about just removing the directory for bittorent and any links to it
for oldstable? If we cannot seed the images and they unlikely to get
seeded much by others, should we really offer bittorent at all?

Wouldn't it be better to just offer jigdo and the ISOs and be done with
it?

Yup, I guess so. We should be able to handle the ISO/jigdo downloads
directly from cdimage; bittorent is just adding overhead if there
aren't a lot of users. Maswan - you may as well kill the bt stuff.

OK. I'll remove the links from
http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/debian-installer/

Who will remove the relevant directories from the mirrors:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/3.1_r7/*/bt-*/ ?

(And probably also for older oldstable releases?)

I'll clean up all the bt-* directories in the central archive/
directory, but I just want to check with maswan that that won't cause
any problems for him.

Nope, no problems, go ahead and clean it up unless you want to keep it for historical reasons.

/Mattias Wadenstein