Re: Sarge r7 CDs released

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> An alternative, that I've been thinking that we should include in the
> torrents is: http://getright.com/seedtorrent.html
>
> But it requires some changes in how torrents are currently generated
> (either switch of generating software or some python hacking).

Won't that still cause a big burden on the server?
The main issue here is that it is quite unlikely that anybody else will
actually be seeding these images, so almost any bittorent download will
effectively result in the iso being downloaded from the main server anyway
(if I understand text at getright.com correctly after quick read).

I just see that the sarge/d-i page currently [1] does not even have direct
links to the jigdo images, only to the iso's and bittorents.
I've got a patch ready to _replace_ the bittorent links with jigdo links,
but will wait with commit until this discussion is finished.

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/debian-installer/