Re: Sarge r7 CDs released

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Frans Pop wrote:

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:12:11PM +0100, Jens Franik wrote:
Guten Tag Mattias Wadenstein,

am Sonntag, 20. Januar 2008 um 10:29 schriebst Du:
But the only item, which has been downloaded until now is
the Update-i386-DVD with 1,26 Mb - nothing more.

I guess nobody really needs them :-)

Yup. Oldstable point releases are like that. There tends to be rather
more interest in new major stable releases, as you might imagine. :-)

How about just removing the directory for bittorent and any links to it for
oldstable? If we cannot seed the images and they unlikely to get seeded
much by others, should we really offer bittorent at all?

Wouldn't it be better to just offer jigdo and the ISOs and be done with it?

An alternative, that I've been thinking that we should include in the torrents is: http://getright.com/seedtorrent.html

But it requires some changes in how torrents are currently generated (either switch of generating software or some python hacking).

/Mattias Wadenstein