Re: Sarge r7 CDs released

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 12:23:48PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
>On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:12:11PM +0100, Jens Franik wrote:
>> >Guten Tag Mattias Wadenstein,
>> >
>> >am Sonntag, 20. Januar 2008 um 10:29 schriebst Du:
>> >But the only item, which has been downloaded until now is
>> >the Update-i386-DVD with 1,26 Mb - nothing more.
>> >
>> >I guess nobody really needs them :-)
>>
>> Yup. Oldstable point releases are like that. There tends to be rather
>> more interest in new major stable releases, as you might imagine. :-)
>
>How about just removing the directory for bittorent and any links to it for
>oldstable? If we cannot seed the images and they unlikely to get seeded
>much by others, should we really offer bittorent at all?
>
>Wouldn't it be better to just offer jigdo and the ISOs and be done with it?

Yup, I guess so. We should be able to handle the ISO/jigdo downloads
directly from cdimage; bittorent is just adding overhead if there
aren't a lot of users. Maswan - you may as well kill the bt stuff.

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth