Re: DVD image download issue Opera, Konqueror, and Firefox/iceweasel

On Tue, January 8, 2008 23:46, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:22:58AM -0800, joseph lockhart wrote:
>>i've been trying to download the DVD images from
>>
>>http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r2/i386/iso-dvd/
>>
>>every attempt had the images giving me an error on the
>>download after aproximately 24% completion (DVD 1
>>errors at 24% every time, other images are within a
>>percentage or two), resuming the download has only
>>given me an image which does not match the md5 sum.
>>Downloads attempted through Opera, Konqueror, and
>>Firefox/iceweasel all on a 5MB cable connection. i
>>can't wget the images due to a space issue on my end.
>>need them to go do an install on a computer w/o a good
>>connection.
>>
>>anyway i was able to get all the cd iso's to download
>>just fine (and all at one time) so it doesn't seem to
>>be a bandwidth issue, and i am finding nothing on
>>google (though i may have missed it skimming through)
>
> Hmm, that's weird. Exactly how much (in bytes) can you download before
> the download stops? Is it consistent every time?

24% of 4.4Gb is pretty close to 1Gb. Are you sure there's not something
preventing you creating files over 1GB (e.g. ulimit). Or could your ISP be
blocking "large" downloads?

I'm not sure I understood about the "wget" problem - would you mind
clarifying it, please?

Thanks,
Paul