Re: Re: Jigdo for Debian 2.2 (potato) for PPC

Brian wrote:

Thanks much for the suggestion about the alternate kernel for Sarge. That's a terrific idea and one which I never would have thought to explore without your help!

Hi Brian,

If you haven't already gotten your emulated machine running Sarge, I've been told that the recently announced Debian Sarge release 3.1r7 will have iso's available at http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ archive/ in a couple of days.

Unfortunately, the 3.1r6 images (available there now) were created before Sarge changed from "stable" to "oldstable". So they don't offer to actually install Sarge (it should be called "oldstable" if they offered it, but all they have is "stable", "testing", and "unstable") This bug is supposedly fixed in 3.1r7.

Good luck, and have fun with Debian Sarge!

Rick