Re: Debian 4.0r2

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

Hello! While Debian Project has released Debian 4.0r2 the page
http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ still mentions 4.0r1; what's worse links
like http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r1/i386/iso-cd/ and
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r1/i386/iso-dvd/ point to
non-existing pages, where
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r2/i386/iso-cd/ and
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r2/i386/iso-dvd/ exist.
  Please fix the page http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ .

This I leave to someone with webpage access.

  None of the mirrors listed on the page caught 4.0r2. I don't know the
exact cause of the problem but I suspect they too look at
http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ and don't get the new release.

It takes a while (a few hours for jigdomirror, plain rsync is a few days to a week or two) for mirrors to catch up.

And no, mirrors don't look at the web page. They are either push-triggered or will catch it when their cron job runs.

/Mattias Wadenstein