Re: too many CD ISOs

Mattias Wadenstein (maswan@acc.umu.se) wrote on 18 April 2007 15:10:
 >Well, a jigdo-build against our debian mirror will use slightly more
 >bandwidth and much more resources than a iso download. Of course, a jigdo
 >download using another debian mirror would be a big win.

jigdo is mostly useful for mirror admins to build a big set of images
locally instead of pulling them from the master site. Nearly all users
don't already have a significant part of the contents locally; for
them it's better to pull one or two images directly using a modern
download tool, that can restart from where the last download stopped
and even fetch different portions of the image from different sites
simultaneously. That's why the main mirrors should have the full set
of images.