Not Bootable CD/DVD in IA64 iso images

Hi there,
My name is Elias Chrysoheris and I'm an electronic engineer. I use Linux
scince 1995. I used SuSE Linux but after the MS-Novel contract, I decided to
move to other destribution. So, after a long time of tests I decided that
Debian is the one that suits me.

I downloaded the DVD iso images of Debian Testing 4.0 for 686, burned them
using K3b, and installed it!. Everything is fine. After that, I downloaded
the DVD iso images of Debian Stable for IA64 to install it in an Intel Core
Duo system. I burned the DVDs using K3b again, but I found out that the DVDs
(actually the first one that is intented to be bootable) could not boot. I
downloaded the Network installation CD (iso image) but again it was not
bootable. Finally, I downloaded the first CD of the CD Installation iso
images, burned it, but again it could not boot.

I realized that, when browsing the CD/DVDs I could see the /boot folder, which
contains the boot image, but in the normal bootable CD/DVDs it was hidden. Do
I make a mistake, or is this a problem in the iso images of the IA64
architecture?

Thank you very much for your time.
Yours sincerely
Elias