Re: (Weekly) Multi-arch netinst CD has incorrect initrd.gz for amd64 gtk installer

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 03:48:49PM +0200, Jonathan Quick wrote:
>Hi
>
>  I've just downloaded and tested the weekly testing multi-arch netinst CD:
>
>Debian GNU/Linux testing "Etch" - Official Snapshot Multi-architecture
>i386/amd64/powerpc NETINST #1 20070312-12:06
>
>and discovered that all the amd64 gtk installer targets loop endlessly on
>startup (the corresponding netboot image work fine on the same machine.)
>
>Looking closely at the CD, it seems that the initrd.gz image in the
>install.amd/gtk/ directory is an exact copy of that in install.i386/gtk/
>which I presume is some sort of bug in debian-cd ??

Yes, it is. I found this and fixed it a couple of days back, and it
should be OK in the final RC2 build. Thanks for reporting... :-)

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews