Re: live and install in one CD?

Alle 15:41, lunedì 8 gennaio 2007, Steve McIntyre ha scritto:

> There are several possible ways to do this now; the easiest may be to
> use the hooks in the latest debian-cd version in svn to add files to
> the temporary disc trees at various points. I wouldn't recommend
> trying to re-implement the netinst build yourself, tbh - it's quite
> complex already..

Good point, Attilio Fiandrotti told me that g-i can be compiled to run on X
(gtk instead of gtk-directfb), it will be interesting to see how to include
that in our live system builds, then we could "clone" ubiquity results via
the X g-i and a package preseed took from <media>/casper/filesystem.manifest
having the goodies of both worlds without having a different installer (and
different features and bug support for the Q.A. team).

> We should get together and talk about live CDs some more, soon. :-)

We could do an IRC meeting. Best for me after 22:30 CET (GMT+1) these days.

--
ESC:wq