Re: Debian etch CD iso not booting !

On 1/3/07, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

Hi Roy,

Can you mount the disk and check what the contents of the file
/.disk/info are please? That'll tell us exactly which version you
have...

Hi Steve,

Here is the contents of /.disk/info :
Debian GNU/Linux testing "Etch" - Official Snapshot i386 CD Binary-1
20061227-20:08

Now I have downloaded the weekly build dated 1-Jan-2007, and it's
booting alright !
The contents of /.disk/info :
Debian GNU/Linux testing "Etch" - Official Snapshot i386 CD Binary-1
20070101-09:25

But the graphical installer is not working. It complains that there
are no valid modes in fb.modes and keeps restarting the DirectFB
initialization. I guess the kernel in /install.i386/ does not have
support for i810fb (mine is i810).
Can you tell me which is the correct mailing list to report this issue please ?

regards

Roy