Re: IMPORTANT: Significant changes to CD/DVD build setup

Op 23-11-2006 om 14:42 schreef Steve McIntyre:
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 03:27:03PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> >On Thursday 23 November 2006 14:58, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >>     I'm going to change the scripts on farbror and bla to keep both,
> >>     as <date>-1 and <date>-2. The arch-latest links will still be kept
> >
> >I'm not so sure that having two builds is really that good an idea. In
> >almost all cases the images will be virtually identical, especially with
> >regard to d-i. And as we're only talking about small images, the number
> >of debs included is relatively small.
>
> There should be plenty of space to keep 6 sets rather than the current
> 3, so I've changed the setup to do that. Alternatively, if you only
> want one set built per day that's also entirely possible. You'll just
> need to let me know which of the 2 possible builds you want. :-)

Another reason for one set built each day, is that no one will
see date-1 and date-2 as part-1 and part-2.

Please stick to _one_ daily build.

Schedule the build start 00:05 UTC or another time
that might be recognised world wide as begin of a day

Cheers
Geert Stappers

Yes, infact I ask to _not_ burn all the CPU power that you have.