Re: IMPORTANT: Significant changes to CD/DVD build setup

On Nov 23, 2006, at 8:58 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:

 2) dinstall and the mirror pulse are now happening twice daily, which
    means we will get two daily build runs. *Right* now the second
    daily build will automatically overwrite the first each day, but
    I'm going to change the scripts on farbror and bla to keep both,
    as <date>-1 and <date>-2. The arch-latest links will still be kept
    up-to-date to keep external links pointing at the latest build.

Any comments, please let me know...

Occasionally, in the past, it has happened by accident that there were two daily builds done on the same day. As you note, the second one overwrote the first. This caused some confusion as the two were significantly different in their behavior (at least the one time I'm thinking of particularly) and it took me a while to figure out that they were different builds, and I wasn't going crazy!

So, I ask that you code it is a way that if three or more daily builds just happen to get done in one day, it won't overwrite anything. Maybe a name scheme based on the date, hour, and minute of the build?

Thanks!

Rick