Re: Cannot find sarge 3.1r4 CD iso's

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 03:00:49AM +0000, Keith Roberts wrote:
>Hi there. Thankyou for all your effort in producing Debian.
>I would like to try Debian 3.1r4.
>
>>From your website I understand that 3.1r4 is the latest
>stable release:
>
>[quote]
>"The stable distribution contains the latest officially
>released distribution of Debian.
>
>This is the production release of Debian, the one which we
>primarily recommend using.
>
>The current stable distribution of Debian GNU/Linux is
>version 3.1r4, codenamed sarge. It was released on October
>28th, 2006."
>[unquote]
>
>I have checked the primary http mirror, and various other
>http mirrors, and the latest version I can find is 3.1r3.
>
>Please can you tell me where the 3.1r4 CD iso images can be
>found for http download?

There are none, as yet. There was an unfortunate mistake made in the
r4 (and also r3) release process that means CDs are difficult and
time-consuming to build correctly. Due to conflicting priorities for
the build machine and development time, the sarge r4 CDs/DVDs have
been neglected so far while we've been working on Etch. Now that Etch
d-i RC1 has been released and things have calmed down, I'm working on
r4 and the new images should be available Real Soon Now.

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?