Re: Sarge neinstall (r3) for 64bits doesn't boot

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 05:46:18AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote :
> On Sunday 12 November 2006 15:17, Aurelien wrote:
> > I just downloaded Sarge (r3) netinstall iso for 64 bits, and it doesn't
> > boot.
>
> You have probably downloaded an image for the IA64 architecture. That is
> _not_ a suitable image for AMD64 or EM64T processors. You need an image
> for the Debian amd64 architecture instead.

You're totaly right, I've forgotten to tell you I had find the way out,
sorry !

> For Sarge, see:
> http://www.debian.org/ports/amd64/
>
> However, at this point I would advise you to install Etch instead as it is
> likely to support your hardware better:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Yeah Sarge net-installer for AMD64 has got a wrong mirrors list (in fact
the Sarge i386 mirrors) and has got a problem with the configuration of
debsig-verify (you have to force each package with dpkg
--force-bad-verify).

Thank you anyway.

--
ORL (alias Yvette H.)