Re: cdrskin

On Thursday 10 August 2006 18:02, George Danchev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since the cdrtools saga is ongoing on -devel, I'd better post here ;-) in
> hope that there are some storage hackers around with enough critical eye to
> review cdrskin [1]. It has its limitations, but it is:
> - GPL v2
> - based on libburn (already in Debian)
> - independent of cdrecord wrt source codebase
>
> I'm sorry I'm not a storage/burning hacker, but at least will give it a try
> at some point. IMHO, this project deserves coding help/hands.
>
> [1] http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_eng.html

Ok, after some IRCing Eduard Bloch packaged [1] and it will probably hit sid
asap. It has its own enhanced snap of libburn ;-( (hint hint, libburn package
maintainers ;-), it has some other limitations (no audio, multi, tao support,
but that is libburn's job), but it compiles, burns ;-) I wonder what Steve
McIntyre thinks about the codebase of libburn and cdrskin.

[1] http://rootfs.net/debs/

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB