Re: Proposal for integration of the graphical installer

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 11:23:52PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> - Using the font tarballs is OK for the short run, but now that we
>   are integrating g-i we really need to switch to using udebs.
>   This should be finished before the Etch RC1 release.

I'll try to come up with more detail asap.
Basically we cannot use dejavu as default fonts but we need to
stick to freefont; both dejavu and freefont exist as an udeb,
we might just need to strip away some glyphs to reduce the size.

AFAICT the only package that needs an official udeb is ttf-thai-tlwg,
but I know Christian is ready to help with this.

Regards,
Davide