Re: brainstorming

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 06:44:32PM +0200, Carlos Parra Camargo wrote:
>  I've been doing a little of brainstorming about debian-cd and what can
>be the next version of debian-cd, you can have a look at:
>
>    http://wiki.debian.org/debian-cd - I have added some notes to the
>    current structure of the current version (at trunk/).
>
>    http://wiki.debian.org/debian-cd-ng - I have added a Structure and a
>    Components section.
>
>  Comments will be welcome.

A few things could do with some extra description/discussion:

  * Smart warnings: what exactly do you mean?

  * Alongside mixing binaries and sources on the same CD: a major
    feature that lots of people have been asking for is CDs/DVDs
    containing binaries for multiple architectures. How would you go
    about doing that?

  * Cleaner output: what do you mean? The logs from debian-cd, or the
    output CD?

  * Signed Release files is a hard problem for CDs - there's been
    quite a lot of discussion about it already on the list if you
    check the archive.

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews