Re: Why the latest netinst image must "choose a mirror of the Debian archive" ?

Am 2006-04-12 00:56:38, schrieb Frans Pop:

> Not using a mirror with the netinst will leave you with only the base
> system, which means you're still missing a lot of standard packages (Joey
> even considers a pure netinst broken).

Sorry, but if the base system can not be installed with the
Netinstall-CD without Network connection, I can not install
some dozen Computers, because the D-I was not able to estabish
a connection.

And, --  Why downloading 650 MByte images, if I need only the
base-system and 10-30 MByte additional packages which are even
not on CD 1?

> The change has made the netinst a somewhat less obvious choice for
> installations. As I said, effectively it still does exactly the same as
> before Beta 2. It's just the timing that has changed.

I think, the Netinstall-CD should continue to install the base
system from the CD IF NO NETWORK CONNECTION IS DETECTED.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi