Re: Debian From Scratch 0.99.0

On Thursday 20 April 2006 18:18, John Goerzen wrote:

John,

Thank you very much for the nice work you have done. I remember the earlier
versions of dfsbuild with the clean and easy to follow ocaml code !

> Debian From Scratch (DFS) is a single, full rescue CD capable of
> working with all major filesystems, LVM, software RAID, and even
> compiling a new kernel.  The DFS ISO images also contain a small
> Debian mirror subset that lets you use cdebootstrap, along with the
> other utilities on the CD, to perform a manual, "Gentoo-like"
> installation.  It also serves as an excellent rescue CD, with a full
> compliment of filesystem tools, backup/restore software, and a
> development environment complete enough to build your own kernels.
--cut--
> Today I am announcing the availability of DFS 0.99.0 images for
> i386/amd64 and dfsbuild 0.99.0.
>
> dfsbuild is available in sid and (hopefully shortly) testing.  My DFS
> ISOs are available from http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/
>
> DFS is not a separate distribution.  DFS images *are* Debian.  What
> you get when you boot a DFS CD is etch (or whatever you built your own
> images with), with a few minor tweaks to make it run from CD-ROM.
--cut--
> A more comprehensive list of DFS features is available at [2].
>
> [1] http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/pkglist-0.99.0_i386.txt
> [2] http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/html/intro.html#FEATURES

I find it very apropriate the contents of your dfs/ directory to be mirrored
at cdimage.debian.org [1], where rsync is also provided (useful for
downstream mirrors and individual dfsbuild fans to follow it up).

[1] CC'ed to debian-cd. Thanks Maswan !

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB