Re: DVD for testing install all from mirrors

On Friday 14 April 2006 15:19, Fernando Cerezal wrote:
> I just do a installation from the DVDs for testing downloaded with
> jigdo. The DVDs had been downloaded yesterday. The installer had worked
> like it was the netinst, it had downloaded all from a mirror and it
> didnt used (neither ask) the DVDs. is that a bug?

It is half a bug.

It _does_ read packages from the DVD, except when newer packages are
available from the mirror. We are working on an option to allow the user
not to use a mirror during the installation.

You can install without using a mirror by using the <go back> button in
the mirror selection dialog. When you get to the menu, just skip to the
You'll be asked once more later in the installation if you want to use a
mirror. Choose the option "ignore" there.

Cheers,
FJP