Re: proposal: hosting CD building for Debian-Edu

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 08:19:09PM +0200, Steffen Joeris wrote:
>Hi

Hi Steffen!

>I have a big proposal. Until now Debian-Edu/Skolelinux builds their CD (which
>was a woody and after the last release a sarge CD with some newer package
>versions especially of the debian-edu, debian-edu-install and
>debian-edu-config package as of the ltsp package).
>After we set up our new archive we want to start the etch based CD building
>process. Ok before you ask yourself what I want you to do I will try to
>answer it quickly ;)
>Some DDs suggested that it could be possible that someone of you can
>host the CD building process. In general is this possible?

Yes, that should be doable. I'm currently in charge of the
daily/weekly CD builds for Debian, and maintaining the scripts that do
them.

I'll say that we *can* do your builds for you, but it might be easiest
all round if we hang back for now. We're about to move the builds over
to use a new machine Real Soon Now; setting up extra work on top of
the current less-than-ideal infrastructure would probably just cause
duplicate effort.

Can I get back to you again in a few weeks?

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead