Re: problems with downloading ISO-CD by http

Hello Gordon.

It is working now ith WGET !

 I did not well the set up of the environment variable before using wget
(in dos box).
set http_proxy=http://proxy.myprovider.net:8080

Here is what I do :

wget -c -Y on
http://ftp.tiscali.be/pub/debian-cd/3.1_r1/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso
--10:58:55--
http://ftp.tiscali.be/pub/debian-cd/3.1_r1/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso
           => `debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso'
Connecting to proxy.myprovider.net:8080... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 673,077,248 [text/plain]

 3% [>                                    ] 24,885,730   129.29K/s  ETA
1:19:56

I hope it will goes well now. (resuming ?)

Regards,

Patrick HESTERS

                      Patrick Hesters
                                               To:      Gordon Huff <wa6fmx@worldnet.att.net>
                      23-03-06 09:59           cc:      debian-cd@lists.debian.org
                                               Subject: Re: problems with downloading ISO-CD by http(Document link: Patrick Hesters)

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for your feedback.

>>I've tried jigdo also, even with the proxy settings I can not get access.
>
>What is the error message?

D:\p\4C6C1\jigdo-bin>wget -c
http://ftp.tiscali.be/pub/debian-cd/3.1_r1/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso
--09:51:38--
http://ftp.tiscali.be/pub/debian-cd/3.1_r1/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso
           => `debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso'
Resolving ftp.tiscali.be... 193.74.22.160
Connecting to ftp.tiscali.be[193.74.22.160]:80... failed: No such file or
directory.
Retrying.

--09:51:59--
http://ftp.tiscali.be/pub/debian-cd/3.1_r1/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso
  (try: 2) => `debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso'
Connecting to ftp.tiscali.be[193.74.22.160]:80... failed: No such file or
directory.
Retrying.

--09:52:20--
http://ftp.tiscali.be/pub/debian-cd/3.1_r1/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso
  (try: 3) => `debian-31r1-i386-binary-5.iso'
Connecting to ftp.tiscali.be[193.74.22.160]:80... ^C
D:\p\4C6C1\jigdo-bin>

I think proxy-server is the cause of the problem.

>>I've entered the proxy settings, found in the .pac file, as options in
the
>>jigdo-lite settings file.
>>I can not pass through te proxy. I've tried different parameters.
>>

>You could do the jigdo process semi-automatic ; you could finish
>these files with rsync. Maybe the administrator will help you.
>Maybe an SSL setup will help .... maybe you can tunnel to a machine
>with better access.

I will give it a try.

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick HESTERS
Support Vente Industrial Automation
Verkoopsondersteuning Industrial Automation

Schneider Electric sa/nv
Dieweg 3
B - 1180 Bruxelles/Brussel
Tel : 32(0)2 - 37 37 521
Fax : 32(0)2 - 37 41 684
Email : patrick.hesters@be.schneider-electric.com

www.schneider-electric.be
www.telemecanique.com

                      Gordon Huff
                      <wa6fmx@worldnet.        To:       Patrick Hesters/BE/Schneider@Europe
                      att.net>                 cc:       debian-cd@lists.debian.org
                                               Subject:  Re: problems with downloading ISO-CD by http
                      23-03-06 09:25

At 01:47 AM 3/22/2006, patrick.hesters@be.schneider-electric.com wrote:

>I am downloding the iso's with MS explorer 6.0 (sorry)

...should work.

>I am behind a proxy-server (I have no direct access to port 80, nor access
>to FTP)

Okeh..... Why does M$ IE 6.0 work and wget not?

>I've tried jigdo also, even with the proxy settings I can not get access.

What is the error message?

>I've entered the proxy settings, found in the .pac file, as options in the
>jigdo-lite settings file.
>I can not pass through te proxy. I've tried different parameters.

You could do the jigdo process semi-automatic ; you could finish
these files with rsync. Maybe the administrator will help you.
Maybe an SSL setup will help .... maybe you can tunnel to a machine
with better access.

Regards, Gordon