Re: CDs won't boot, give a failed crc, or don't give a menu

--On December 2, 2005 12:02:22 AM -0800 David Liontooth <liontooth@cogweb.net> wrote:

OK, I tried that -- wget
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r0a-i386
-netinst.iso

Fails. Boots to the welcome screen, I press return, reads the compressed
image, and gives a crc error. On two very different machines. That's my
sixth coaster.

Debian doesn't seem to have a working boot CD anywhere.  I guess I'll do
a debootstrap.

Check your md5sum of that image against the available MD5SUMS file before burning. If they do match, then it's a burner or burner media compatibility problem you're experiencing. I know for a fact that netinst image works, we just installed a machine yesterday with it. If they don't match, make sure you're getting the whole file. Whenever you're not using a download manager like jigdo, getright, or something similar, theres the chance that the browser or utility thinks it received the whole file but was really just disconnected due to a network event.

Either way, you're having some non-debian local issues here :(  Sorry.