Re: getting debian

On Thursday 22 September 2005 16:41, Clayton D.Strand wrote:
> i know you all do good work.
>
> i know you all are doing a lot for the world.
>
> but, for the life of me, i can't navigate your web site.  i tried,
> when i had a little time today, to download a bootable image of the cd
> from your webisite, and i couldn't figure out how to do it.  i guess
> "Download a minimal bootable CD image" doesn't really mean that, it
> means read a lot of stuff regarding what a boot image is, and a link
> to get it in swedish, but nothing to simply to click on so that the
> image can be downloaded, that i could, for the life of me, find.

You are probably looking for "Download CD images using HTTP or FTP" [1], then
select one of the Official CD images mirrors of the stable release or use the
primary Image server in Sweden [2] [not recommended, though].

For example:
Any-FTP/HTTP-Image-Mirror/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.iso

Which means The first binary iso CD image for i386 (x86 or PC) architecture,
version 3.2, revision 0a.

Best use jigdo [3] or bittorent [4].

[1] http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/
[2] http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/
[3] http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
[4] http://www.debian.org/CD/torrent-cd/

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB