Subject: Re: Re: Which CD is a package on?
Date: Wednesday 31 August 2005 07:09
From: Filipus Klutiero <ido@vif.com>
To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org

While I was going to add this to #debian's "cd contents" factoid, which
used to also only mention jigdo, I noticed that someone had added an
effective solution.

 (00:58:29) *cheal:* cd contents
(00:58:29) *dpkg:* To find out what is on what cd, download the .jigdo
template, and zless fooimage.jigdo. In the [Parts] section you will see
the list of packages that are contained in the cd. stew has created a
searchable index of the sarge cds: http://vireo.org/~stew/jigdo
<http://vireo.org/%7Estew/jigdo>

stew is a regular on #debian. I just tested the interface quickly, and
it's not bad. While the interface doesn't point to the code used, I
guess he would accept to give anyone his code if asked by email. Perhaps
a DD will want to use the code instead of starting from scratch.
In any case, I think work on this issue would have a high use/effort
ratio ;)
It will be great if building an index can be part of the CD build
 process.