Re: Changing debian Iso to support Dell Servers !!!!!!!!!

> First, The official debian installer cant detect the Hard discs.  After,
> i found an iso compiled to dell servers, but this request the floppy
> during the installation (i dont have floppy in the server, and cant plug
> it some floppy drive).  I just can install with the cd-rom.
>
> How can i combine the oficial debian installer with this little iso
> version?   http://staff.osuosl.org/~kveton/debian/debian-dell-2.4.31.iso
>
> Or what can i do?  I need install debian in the server only using the
> cd-rom drive. (actually is running knoppix, but i need use debian stable).

There might be a bug in that installer.  Can you try:

http://staff.osuosl.org/~kveton/debian/debian-dell-2.4.29.iso

Also, are you choosing to install via the network?  This is a netinst
ISO and one that has no packages, etc on it except to bootstrap and get
on the network.

I've heard several other reports of this ISO working on the SC420.

Scott :-)