making a debian install dvd

hi.  I've been asked by a computer magazine to make a debian sarge
install dvd for them , 2.1G in size.  I've done a few knoppix remasters
for various groups, so I was recommended to do this.

I've got a 4.1G sarge install dvd from another magazine, which I plan to
cut down to size.  (it seems easier to do it that way, and replace a few
html pages , make it automatically select HD install in 10 seconds ,
that sort of thing)

Someone mentioned to me that it would be best to just put on the
contents of the first three sarge install CDs , that way I can be
reasonably assured of getting all the packages I need without missing
out on any dependencies.  It also could fit nicely in 2.1G of space

I've discovered dpkg-scanpackages , and know how to handle isolinux, due
to my previous knoppix work,

now for my question :-)  how can I get the packages list of the first
three sarge install CDs without having to download the ISOs themselves?
(seems a waste to download an extra 1.2G when I've already probably got
most of it)  I've tried looking in ftp sites for package lists , and the
jidgo files for the CDs aren't readable.