Re: your mail

Hi there,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:36:10PM +0100, Pooly wrote:
> I'm looking for the sparc version of the netinst image for Woody. I
> can find the Sarge one, but not the Woody. Does anyone know where I
> could find it ?

There weren't any "official" netinst images for Woody, only some images
created by Debian developers. Before the sarge release, the following links
were on the page <http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/>:

http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian-minicd/            (no sparc)
http://people.debian.org/~dwhedon/boot-floppies/   (i386 only, it seems)
http://people.debian.org/~blade/boot-floppies/cvs/ (i386 only, it seems)

So it looks as if no sparc netinst images existed before the sarge release.

Note that we do still have the old full CD images - if you cannot find the
netinst image, try this one:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/images/3.0_r6/sparc/debian-30r6-sparc-binary-1_NONUS.iso

> (and if it's the wrong mailing list, where should I post ?)

This is the right one! :)

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯