Re: Jigdo files for Sarge Netinst CD

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Steve McIntyre wrote:

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 02:10:00PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
I wanted to download the Netinst Sarge CD but then noticed that it's not
available as an ISO for all architectures. I then tried downloading it as
Jigdo files and ran into the same problem; not available for all arch.

Which architecture(s) are you missing? Sarge Netinst ISO images are on
cdimage.d.o for all arches except s390 AFAICS...

Then it would appear to be a problem with the Finnish mirror site, where Jigdo and ISO files are missing for several architectures.

I'm wondering if it would be possible for the debian-cd team to generate
Jigdo templates for all architectures and then pulse the mirrors?

We decided not to do jigdo files for netinsts, as netinsts are already
fairly small. We can change that if people think it would be
worthwhile...

I personally think that all CD and DVD variants should be available as Jigdo files, if only to accomodate those who cannot use BitTorrent and whose available bandwidth is already ridiculously tiny. It's also a lot easier to cache all DEBs and build all variants locally.

--
Martin-Eric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi