Re: DVD sarge image broken?

Mea culpa.

> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/dvd/jigdo-area/i386/
> timestamped 4-Dec-2004. Looks as if there is a mismatch with the current
> pool?

Yes, this happens always, and there is an snapshot that solves this, when
people doesn't find a package in the mirrors, it goes back to the snapshot.
We used to keep the snapshot for a week until the next build was built, and
then removed the old snapshot and changed it for the new one, the problem
was that people could be trying to use the old snapshot when the new one was
already in place. So, I did some changes after the rc2 of debian-installer
to keep old rc2 jigdos with their snapshots around for some time and also at
the same time to have snapshots for the current build and the last one.

The thing is that I forgot to change things for the DVDs to match the
changes I did for the CDs, so while cds seem to be OK, at least to me, DVDs
were still trying to use the snapshot we had built for rc2, which doesn't
have some of the files that were supposed to be on the dvds but are no
longer in the mirrors.

I have replaced the bad jigdos with the rc2 ones and new ones will be
generated this weekend (hopefully ok if I have fixed it well).

Sorry about the problem, you can either find the packages you are missing at
snapshot.debian.net, or try to use the packages you have downloaded and that
are now on the iso you were trying to complete to build the rc2 isos, or
wait for this weekend's new build.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net