Re: Can't make ext3 partitions anymore using debian-cd generated cd

Colin Watson wrote:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 04:47:06PM -0500, Daniel F. Dickinson wrote:

I'm trying to create a custom debian-cd, and I had it working at one point, but since I've updated my pool (and cleared aways the old <doh>) I can't seem to create a cd that knows how to create ext3 partitions. (parted says ext3 is not supported yet). I could swear I used ext3 in another incarnation of the cd, so I'm confused. Has ext3 partition creation changed, and how do I get it to work again?

Chances are that the kernel module udebs on your CD are out of sync with
(specifically, are a different version from) the kernel you're booting.

I'm using the installer-i386 under rc1

That would probably do it. For now, use the most current version you can
find, released or not.

But where do I find a newer one? I can't get subversion to give me a checkout of debian-installer, and I can't find e.g. an installer-i386/pre-rc2 (or pre-rc2/installer-i386) to use.
--
Daniel F. Dickinson:
"Time does not die; the circle is not round."